Friday, June 27, 2008

Pursuit 9

I have spent quite some time looking for a blog that I REALLY like and, to be honest, haven't found one yet. Most of them are so crowded with ads and other distractions that it's all I can do to concentrate on the content. Yikes!
The "cleanest" site I found was Technorati. The green color must be calming for me. Also, there is a lot of white space on the layout.
My thought is that many blogs haven't really defined their audience. The blogs that I have followed have a specific communication goal. For example, my nephew was studying abroad in Japan last semester. He was able to post on his blog and keep in touch with all of his family - which is a challenge with his 7 brothers and sisters and numerous aunts and uncles. Our niece's softball team won state last year and their blog had every detail you would ever want to know about their games.
It also seems that many of the indivudual blogs start out with a specific idea or goal and somehow totally divert from that goal. They seem to get full of themselves and start posting absurd content that no one else really cares about.
The news blogs may be more useful to other people. I am more of a "general" news browser. M

No comments: