Friday, June 13, 2008

Pursuit 7

I set up a Google calendar. One features I really like is that you can have more than one calendar. I always have trouble deciding what to list on my Microsoft calendar at work. I hate to list personal events, but if I don't list them, sometimes I loose track of them across the day. It would be nice to be able to separate them, but see them on the same log in.
I have used Picasa before. I also read an extensive evaluation on Notebook, but the author made it sound so complicated that I never tried it. They might have simplified it since its original release, but it still looks a little tricky for elementary students.
My son mentioned that he has used Google scholar for some of his research. But, he is working on his PhD, so I am not so sure about younger users and what kind of links you get.
This same son works for Google during the summer as a programmer. We have had numerous conversations about all the cool things Google develops, but then never really advertises. It seems like you have to have a love for Google in the first place to keep checking what's new on their site. There is also a book out called Googlepedia that was just written this past year that describes all these applications in great detail.

1 comment:

Grendel said...

Hmmm.All that Google information was very interesting! Thanks for sharing.