Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pursuit 14

I spent some time looking at Technorati. I found myself just wandering around without any clear plan, so I don't think I'm geared toward this format. When I looked at the Top 100 Blogs, I was surprised to find Ariana Huffington as the top blog! Had no idea she was that popular. The Google Blog was in the top rung too. I've e-mailed my son to see if he actually reads that posting. Technology, news and entertainment seem to carry the most weight in the tags. The technology comments really seem to get the most interaction, hmmmm.
The tags are helpful. Somehow when I've seen them on pages before, I never connected that the larger the text, the more popular the tag. What a great idea! I did enjoy watching the video featuring the Technorati founders. One of the things I learned in a GT graduate class is that computer programmers usually are high up there on the GT traits - they have to think how their code transfers to a user friendly interface - a very spatially orientated task.
I've been experimenting with widgets a bit. I found this Shelfari Bookshelf widget on another Library2Play page. I thought it looked cool. It took me two tries to get it to work. I really wanted to get the Color Matcher, Picker one that I found earlier to work. That would be really useful to have. I couldn't get it to work and now I can't find it again!
Does anyone know how much risk is involved in bringing in these widgets as far as hidden codes? I know the code itself is on blogspot, but can it hurt your home computer when you use the code?

No comments: