Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pursuit 16

Well, I wandered my way through this one. I have always enjoyed using Wikipedia. They do seem to pick up some really random, accurate information there. I read the accuracy percentage a long time ago. Can't remember exactly what it was but for sure it was in the high 90s. It is definitely my husband's favorite site. He always starts his web searches there.
I looked at some of the posted WIKIs. It seems that many of them have crossed into more of a blog format. I looked at the Sandbox site and left a comment. I got a chuckle out of the What we want in a library list. Everyone seemed to have something to say there!
Before that, I somehow drifted into the Library Hacks links. I found PaperBackSwap.com which I will try for awhile. It reminded me of the book chain letter that circulated our campus earlier this year. I always hate spending money on new paperbacks so this might be a good way to get some cheaper reading. I went to the county library and checked out seven paperbacks last night (I do tend to run through them during the summer!) I found another library hack called Libary Elf that might help me remember when to return them!
Curriculum idea- most likely to try a collaborative information project

1 comment:

Miss Lee said...

I love your thoughts on Wikipedia... I love it, too. It's such a great jumping off point for other things! Isn't it fun how you can drift from site to site and hardly remember where you started? I love that about the web!