Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pursuit 19

The Web 2.0 Awards page has a lot of fun sites to visit. I found Lulu.com which is a site for publishing books and songs. My sister has previously published a short paperback, so this site looked like a good way to publish a second book for her. I looked specifically at the songs section for use on MDE TV. Last spring I went to Best Buy with a mission to buy some new broadcast music but found nothing. Either High School Musical or Sponge Bob. This site seemed to have some cute, original children's songs for either very cheap or free.
I had mentioned in a previous post about a color picker widget that I couldn't get to work on my blog. ColorBlender.com was listed on Web 2.0. Since I am moving into a brand new house next week, I am hoping this help me pick some colors for fabric. I could also use it for making color appealing web pages or presentations.
iFoods.TV was also on the Awards page. I watched the recipe for 10 minute Crab Cakes. I'm going to send this link to my college-age children. They are always looking for recipe ideas, just like their mom!

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

It's great to read that you have found some interesting resources that will be useful for you personally.

Thanks for the info on lulu.com, I will share it with students I know are writing with the hopes of getting published.

Enjoy the rest of your "23 Things" journey.