Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #2

I have spent quite a long time on Thing #2. Especially considering I have already used Animoto and Wordle extensively, so I didn't spent any time there. Word Sift looks interesting. I was interested in the visual aspect, so I put in the lyrics to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to see what would be generated. The "rainbow" and "bluebird" worked out okay, but the "fly" totally missed the mark with photos of fighter jets. Couldn't figure out a way to work around that.
The Glogster site provides a creative presentation. I can see using it as a quick, summary assignment. I don't think the writing format really encourages "good" writing so wouldn't want to use it for a large project.
Bookr is my favorite of the bunch. I can see elementary students using it for content. I'd like to see some students use it to retell their science experiments using photographs of their experiments. Maybe use it instead of Science journals? BTW - I could never get a Bookr sent through e-mail. I tried sending it to two different addresses. It's been an hour and a half and I still don't see it. Even checked the Junk Mail in case it went there.

3 comments:

VWB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VWB said...

don't know about bookr and email, but I will go try emailing one in a bit to see if I can

VWB said...

I successfully emailed a bookr from the archive to my home email account ...it arrived within seconds and I clicked on the link and it opened just fine.