Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing #7 Video Resources

I had not looked at the PBS site for awhile, so it was good to see all their latest. With so many of their shows online, there is a lot of material that can be presented. This is a link to a program on how Grand Central Station was built. (Trains are a favorite topic in our house.) I did not see any links to embed the video.
Grand Central Station on PBS
The amount of video online is staggering. I spent two hours browsing through the sites and didn't watch all of any one piece. I see that Google Video has identified their main problem as making sure that all videos posted are searchable. I agree with that assessment. You can spend hours looking for just the right content for a lesson. I think that United Streaming has done a good job labelling their videos which is why it is so popular with our teachers. They can find what they need in a short amount of time.
I will have to use some self-discipline to complete the reminder of the course. Now that I know I can watch Antiques Roadshow on PBS online, I can see myself easily distracted.....

No comments: