Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pursuit 22

Nings- At first introduction, I thought the concept of Ning providing a social network outside of Facebook or My Space had some possibilities. I spent about 45 minutes looking through your Ning links and some of the Nings posted by other Library2Players. I just have to say that the format doesn't work for me. All the pages are SO crowded that it gives me a headache to read them. There is no "white space" to rest your eyes. (I have a vertigo problem and I don't know if that contributes to my inability to focus on the content.) The content is so random. Less than half of the postings seemed to relate to the goal of the site. This was particularly true in the photos and videos postings.
I don't see any advantage to using the Ning site versus a Blogger page for classroom projects. Am I missing something?

2 comments:

VWB said...

I personally would not use a Ning to post projects...instead I use them to check and see what's on people's minds and what is drawing their attention. I am investigating them as a place to park things....storage!

but as with all of the 2.0 things...choice! what works for you the best may not for the next person and vice versa...aren't we glad their is choice?!

VWB said...

oops!
aren't we glad THERE is choice!

(mind and fingers can't keep up!)